PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT:
Soccer is an exciting, fast moving and fun game. Coaches, players and fans should remember that the objective is to have fun and learn the game of soccer. It is important to our soccer program that all participants conduct themselves in a positive and responsible manner.
Pipeline Soccer Club will NOT tolerate behavior which brings the Club, team, or game into disrepute. The Club believes that the attitude shown by parents toward the coaches, the referees, the opposing players and the importance of winning vs. losing are of paramount importance. Inappropriate comments or actions by adults bent on short-term success rather than the long range benefits undermines the essence of competition and introduces stresses which are inappropriate for children:
I will set a good example to my child by behaving at all times in accordance with the following:
- I will not openly criticize the referees before, during or after games.
- I will not openly criticize our opponents or engage in arguments with their parents or officials during or after games.
- I will only give positive feedback to players on both teams.
- I will cheer at all games within the spirit of fair play.
- I will be mindful of our opponents’ feelings when cheering for our team in lop-sided games.
- I will do my best to teach my player to become a student of the game and do likewise.
- I will show the quality of our sportsmanship during and after each and every match and encourage my child to congratulate opponents and match officials after every game.
- I will do my very best to have my child on time and prepared for every match.
- I understand that improper behavior at a match, practice or other Pipeline sponsored events may result in a parent being asked to leave the field or the event by a referee, coach or team manager.
- I understand that, upon review of improper behavior by members of the board, a parent can, and will if necessary, be suspended from watching their child play should such behavior be considered rude or otherwise offensive.
- I will leave the coaching to the coach and refrain from giving my child or any teammate any instructions during training or games.
- I will endeavor to give timely notice (more than 24h) to my coach should my player be unable to attend a team event.
- Should I have a soccer-related concern regarding my player, I agree to reflect for at least 24 hours before raising the issue with the coach.
Pipeline Soccer Club has a standing committee to address violations of our Code of Conduct. The Committee is comprised of members of the Board. If any member of our Club wishes to complain about conduct which they believe is contrary to our Codes of Conduct, they MUST:
- Address the issue with the person directly, either verbally or in writing, within one week of the incident or issue at hand.
- If there is no satisfactory resolution, then the complainant must, within one week and in written form, notify the Committee.
All matters which are directed to the Committee will be responded to within one week of the receipt of the complaint. Decisions and actions by the Committee to address the complaint are final.
Failure to comply with the Parent Code of Conduct could result in removal from the fields, sanctions, and/or police involvement. Any violation will require a meeting with a standing committee. Second violations will result in expulsion from the club.